CLPB Incumbent Commissioner (Chilliwack), Malcolm Shanks
- Resident of Chilliwack since 1996
- Municipal Administrator, Deputy Clerk / Manager (Sechelt , Nakusp / Central Saanich, Delta / Cultus Lake)
- 31 years municipal administration experience (Certified Municipal Clerk)
- Married to Sue (31 years) – 3 sons
- Enjoy golf, reading, music, gardening
Relevant Knowledge and Experience
- processed many official community plans , zoning and subdivision bylaws.
- developed budgets for municipal Council approval.
- 7 1/2 years Manager with Cultus Lake Park Board.
- as Administrator of Sechelt (13 1/2 yrs.) was very involved when Village municipality restructured to District municipality (pop. 1,500 to 5,000 and 20 times larger in area) in 1986.
- Served on Board of Directors of BC Campground, Lodging Association for 4 years.
- Sechelt Lions Club – 10 years – president in 1989.
- Chilliwack Rotary Club – 1997 – 2000
- coached soccer, cricket and hockey .
Goals & Aspirations
As a Commissioner I will Strive to :
- encourage community participation on Board Committees.
- provide transparency , honesty , fairness and accountability.
- review operating costs.
- minimize items discussed at In Camera meetings.
- adhere to Cultus Lake Park Act and Bylaws.
- provide for better communication between Board and residents (after Board meetings/Town Hall meetings).
- environmental protection of Cultus Lake.